The Feria de las Flores runs from 2 - 11 August 2019.
For the 6th consecutive year we're running our exclusive Flower Festival Tour.
Feria De Las Flores 2019
Discover the legends that are The Silleteros!
Go behind the scenes of the Feria de las Flores 2019 in the nearby town of Santa Elena, Medellin's flower-growing heartland. We'll visit a traditional flower farm where we'll be welcomed by a traditionally dressed “Silletero” who'll explain the origins of the "silleta" and it's importance in the history of paisa culture. We'll then have a hands on demonstration of how they are made and are used.
After a typical Colombian style lunch we'll have some free time to enjoy the celebrations, visit the exhibition spaces, drink aguardiente (the local alcoholic spirit) and maybe dance with the locals.
Until now this aspect of the Feria de las Flores has been relatively unknown to international tourists, making this tour a very special event and something Toucan has been proud to present for the past 5 years.
Flower Festival Tour
Departs Toucan Tours: 2, 3 , 5, 7 & 9 August 2019 (9th is SOLD OUT)
Price: 180,000 Colombian Pesos
Flower Festival Tour + Palco
Departs Toucan Tours: 2, 3 , 5, 7 & 9 August 2019
Palco Seating: 11 August 2019
Price: 300,000 Colombian Pesos
The main event of the Feria de las Flores 2019 is the "Desfile de Silleteros". During the parade you'll get to see 500+ Silleteros showing off their flower displays as well as marching bands, salsa and dance troups etc. The parade is held on the last day of the festival 11 August 2019 and attended by tens of thousands of spectators. Palco seating (bleachers) allow you to see the parade from elevated viewing platforms which provide protection from the sun and the rain. You have access to the conveniences of bathroom facilities as well as food & drink options.
Palco seating is only available to those who book prior to 30 July 2019. Palco seats are sold in conjunction with Toucan's Flower Farm Tour and cannot be transferred or resold. Transportation, food and any other expenses involved in attending the Desfile de Silleteros, not included.
DON'T MISS OUT: Tickets for the palco seating are not sold to tourists and cannot be bought at the event
More Flower-Scented Details
- Enjoy a scenic ride to Santa Elena, the flower growing region
- Visit a Colombian flower farm
- Experience the Colombian silletero culture
- Learn the history of the silleta
- Enjoy typical Colombian food
- Departure point: Toucan Café
- Departure time: 10 am (please arrive 30 minutes early)
- Return time: mid afternoon (traffic/weather dependent)
- Bring sunscreen, comfortable shoes, your passport (or a copy), insect repellent, a waterproof jacket or umbrella (the weather is milder than in Medellin)
- Travel insurance (for the tour)
- Bilingual guide
- Transportation from Toucan Café
- Colombian style lunch
What's Not Included
- Personal expenses
- Money to buy souvenirs
- Activities not mentioned in the description